Mintel, the Global Market Research Firm said that online shoppers are 70% adult. These adults shop at least once in a month. This gives us a clear picture that many people now prefer online shopping. This idea is already famous for Singaporeans these days. The convenience of shopping in your pajamas is somehow very enticing.
The challenge here is to find a store that has the best deals. Here are the things that will help you find the best deals in the market:
- Compare. To make sure that you are getting the lowest price, do your homework – compare sites before actually purchasing something. This usually means you should have patience. When looking and comparing stores, you have to give it time and careful thought, do not just settle on the first site you see. Comparing is easy. You just have to enter the name of a particular item and then it will show a results list of retailers and the price will appear.
- Watch out for price fluctuations. It is said that sites base their prices depending on your personal browsing habits. If this is the case, wait for the “surging” of prices. The prices will rise and fall depending on the demand. There are price alert apps that you can consider say Slickdeals. This app will help you monitor price of a particular item and you will receive an email notification if the price will drop.
- Use coupons. If you can get your hands to coupons, you should use it to even lower the prices. You can use apps too to help you look for discount coupons like FatWallet and Dealnews.
- Use gift cards. Aside from coupons, you will also find digital gift cards. These cards can give you 2% to 30% discount on your purchases. There are apps that can help you find gift cards like GiftCardGranny as well as Cardpool.
- Wait for it. Another strategy to get discounts is to let the item sit in the cart for a day or more. If this happens, there is a big chance that the retailer will email you offering discounts so you can finally make that purchase.
- Free shipping. Look for sites that offer free shipping. If it can be helped, avoid paying for shipping. It will cost you about S$7.9. If you want to score free shipping, you have to fulfil the minimum threshold say S$25.
That should give you enough knowledge to shop online wisely. However, there are people who want to see the actual item before purchasing, if you are this kind of person, then you should definitely go out and go to malls.
High visibility rain gear is essential for working and riding in Singapore under wet seasons where mist, rain showers, and heavy downpours may contribute to a low visibility condition. Most high visibility apparels come with different features that make choosing the best high visibility rain gear a little tricky. When manufacturers come up with a lot of new technologies and fancy designs, just how do you determine which among them is the right one for you? Below is a list of some of the features to look for in order to find the best high visibility rain gear:
High quality fabric
The best high visibility rain gear is made of high quality fabric. You’ll know that it is made of only the best material for fabric because the rain gear feels comfortable, breathable, and looks durable. The lightest and most breathable fabric is the one with waterproof treatment.
Pay careful attention to how manufacturers describe their high visibility rain gear. Most people make the mistake of thinking that waterproof and water-repellant or water-resistant rain gears are just one and the same. To make the distinction, a waterproof rain gear has fully taped seams and waterproof fabric while water-repellant or water-resistant rain gears use hydrophobic fabric treatment and cannot shield you from heavy downpours.
A mesh lining is something you’ll want to have on your high visibility rain gear as it adds overall comfort. This provides a comfortable feeling on the bare skin and can seep away the dampness underneath the apparel. This is highly appreciated especially when you sweat a lot and use this rain gear under warm temperatures.
Dropped tails and adjustability
A detachable dropped tail is something that motorcyclists would want to look for as this feature covers the wearer’s lower back and behind while crouching low on the bike. You also need to look for an ergonomic design that allows you more room to stretch on your arms while stretching on your bike and efficiently cover gaps between your collar and cuffs.
Make sure that your high visibility rain gear is made of highly breathable design and allow for good ventilation. Most rain gears without this feature is very uncomfortable to wear. A good ventilation design on your high visibility rain gear means it has a full length zip and zips on sleeves and armpits. These zips allow for good amount of air circulation.