Health and Wellness
There are a number of Singaporeans who endure vertigo. Vertigo is characterized by spinning sensation. People who suffer from vertigo have dizzy spells. This means that they might feel their world is spinning. Vertigo is mostly caused by an inner ear problem.
Here are the things that we need to know about vertigo:
- Other causes: It was mentioned earlier that vertigo is mostly caused by an inner problem. Other causes include Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), Meniere’s disease and vestibular neuritis. If we are curious about the causes, we have to consult our doctors and let them explain. There are many specialists here in Singapore that can help us with our vertigo.
- Symptoms: Experts say that vertigo is triggered depending on the position of our head. Symptoms include swaying, unbalanced, spinning and tilting. We can also feel nauseated, abnormal eye movements, sweating and headache. Symptoms can last a few minutes or hours and it may come and go.
- Treatment: The treatment depends on the cause. Vertigo naturally goes away without submitting to treatments because the brain eventually adapts. However, there are people who seeks for treatment. We can consider vestibular rehabilitation, canalith repositioning maneuvers and water pills. There are some cases that surgery is needed.
Vertigo may come and go but this will bring discomfort to patients. If we think we have vertigo, it is time that we consult our doctors and ask for their advice. Dealing with vertigo is not easy and at some point in time it can affect our everyday lives that is why we should learn how to deal with it.
Happiness is a choice and it entails a lot exercises and training. Thankfully there is positive psychology. Positive psychology refers to a school of thought that encourages us to choose which views and actions we can alter to become happier.
This deliberate focus stimulates us to nurture positive emotions and foster relationships. Here are some exercises that we can consider to boost our happiness through positive psychology:
- Exercise # 1: The first exercise is to write down three funny things that we remember or we want to remember then laugh out loud. We will be surprised that this exercise can do miracles because we will find ourselves laughing at the end of the day.
- Exercise # 2: Another exercise is journaling. Journaling is important in remembering snapshots of a specific moment in time. We have to journal things オンラインカジノ日本 that makes us happy so we can go back to it anytime.
- Exercise # 3: We can also try writing our future diary. Many things can happen in Singapore and that means the future is bright. We have to close our eyes and try to picture our future. It may be here in Singapore or outside. It will depend on us.
- Exercise # 4: To boost happiness, we should at least count kind gestures from our family, friends and other loved ones even strangers.
- Exercise # 5: The next exercises is to practice gratitude. If we have time, we can visit the person we are most grateful for.
- Exercise # 6: The last exercise that we have to consider is cultivating a positive outlook. This is the most challenging part but once we master this, things will come smoothly.
Alcoholic drinks are a sneaky source of sugar, calories, and even salt, but not if you’re a smart drinker. Like food, alcohols can also be made healthier. Here are eight quick tips that will make your alcohol a calorie-less booze.
1. Use only fresh fruit juice. To reduce added sugar, use freshly squeezed or 100% fruit juice. Have it diluted with water or ice to cut back more on calories.
2. Make simple syrup with natural honey. Though it’s still sugary, natural honey has added benefits, such as a dose of antioxidants. Any booze that calls for a mix of sweet syrup will do well with just half a tablespoon of honey diluted in ¾ tablespoon of warm water.
3. Go for seltzer water over carbonated water. To reduce sodium and other additives, go for seltzer water. For drinks that require soda, cut back on portions or opt for diet versions. While those can also have their pitfalls, it’s less damaging than standard sodas.
4. Always go for lighter alcohol. Keep in mind that darker alcohols contain more additives and compounds, known as congeners, which are known to worsen hangovers.
5. Use fruits as flavourings as much as possible. If you want to get an intensely flavoured drink, cut up more fruits and throw them into you liquor mixture. The fruit itself has fibre and vitamins, which is beneficial to the health. As much as you can, avoid sugar and other artificial flavourings.
6. Include more nutritious ingredients. Let coffee, lemon, and ginger star in several of your drinks. Each got its own set of health benefits that has proven to counteract the negative effects of alcohol. (Note: Too much caffeine with alcohol, though, can be dehydrating, which can worsen hangovers. So, try to keep the coffee to a minimum.)
7. Serve in just the right amount. Especially when consuming liquid calories, serving size is an important matter. This is the reason why most bars keep most of their drinks around the eight-ounce mark.
8. Limit your intake to one shot per drink. Cocktails made in different types of alcohol can pack in serious amount of calories. Therefore, to control calorie intake, one shot per drink should be enough.
While these tips can’t assure that your drink will have 0% sugar content, we can guarantee that you’re booze is far healthier than the standard alcohols you get from your favourite local bar.
Improving one’s health is not just by spending hours of working out in the gym or queuing the entire morning an appointment in a healthcare clinic. Giving your health a boost is sometimes as easy as giving someone a hug or flossing your teeth after every meal. If you want to know more quick health fixes, here are six more science-backed ways we recommend.
- Wash Your Hands Thoroughly
Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water only takes 20 seconds, plus 10 seconds to sanitize your hands with alcohol. Keeping your hands free of diseases-causing germs and bacteria is your first line of defence in staying healthy.
- Drink Plenty of Water
Doctors in Singapore say that dehydration harms the body in many ways, such as by slowing digestion, making concentration more difficult, drying the skin, and many more. Thank God there’s a quick fix to that, and that’s simply by chugging glasses of water.
- Take Belly Breaths
Simply feel your body taking in and out air by placing your hands on your tummy. Feel it rise and fall while you breathe, and make inhalation and exhalation longer each time. Listening and feeling to your own breathing improves your mood and reduces stress instantly.
- Prep Whatever Fruits You Have
Even if you are not hungry, slice up some apples or wash a bowl of berries and store them in the fridge, so that when you feel like snacking, a healthy option is readily available and you won’t be tempted to grab unhealthy choices.
- Stand Up Every Once In a While
Sitting for hours and slouching in front of the computer can cause damage to your bone and body structure over time. Save yourself from osteoporosis and slouchy body structure by standing up and stretching out every few hours.
- Press Your ‘Positive Points’
Located at the sides of the forehead, halfway between the brows and the hairline, is where your positive points are seated. Press on them for about a minute to allow blood flow into your prefrontal cortex, helping you to relax for a little while.
While many believe that it takes a lot of exercise to stay healthy, we think that simple practices that boost our mood and energy also goes a long way to open the door to our healthier selves. So the next time you think of how to squeeze a health fix in the middle of a frantic day, don’t forget these recommendations we have for you.
Sometimes, we endure mouth ulcers without knowing its remedy or how did it happen. It is important that we know things about mouth ulcers so we can do something about it. No one is exempted of mouth ulcers here in Singapore. In fact, mouth ulcers here in Singapore is very common.
Mouth ulcers is also called oral ulcer. It occurs in the mucous membrane of our oral cavities. Ulcers are characterized by a break in the mucous membrane. Here are some things that we need to know more about mouth ulcers:
- Causes of mouth ulcers: There are many causes of mouth ulcers but the common causes are local trauma and aphthous stomatitis. The mucous membrane lining of our mouth is thinner than our skin. In the case of local trauma, the membrane lining can be easily damaged through chemical or mechanical means. When we say chemical, the membrane lining is in contact with a strong concentration of chemicals for a long time. For example the holding of tablets in the mouth instead of swallowing online slots it can cause chemical ulcers. In the case of mechanical burns, it includes rubbing of sharp edges of teeth, accidental biting and eating rough foods. In the case of aphthous stomatitis, it has three types – minor, major and herpetiform. Minor aphthous will leave no scarring and it can be healed in about seven days. The major aphthous produces severe lesions and larger ulcers which may heal in about forty days and may leave permanent scarring. The herpetiform is the least common type.
- Treatment: Treatment for mouth ulcers will be based on the cause. For most patients, mouth ulcers can heal totally without any intervention. For others who are seeking for treatment, the treatments include removing the cause of the trauma or address related problems like dry mouth. The basic thing to do is maintain a good oral hygiene. We have to use antiseptic mouthwashes because it can stop secondary infection and as a result, hasten its healing. We can also rely on topical agents to reduce the inflammation of the sores.
- Prevention: If we want to prevent mouth ulcers from happening all the time, we have to be cautious of our actions. For example, we have to avoid hot or spicy foods because it can increase pain. When we brush, we have to use soft-bristled toothbrushes and it is imperative that we floss daily. If we notice large sores or if it is spreading, we have to consult a doctor right away.